Friday, April 5, 2013

Congrats Sister!! Update as of 3/5/2013

My sister just finished her last final for school and found out today that she will be graduating. The crazy thing is we both are moving to another level. She is graduating with her second AA and I am about to launch 4  NEW Stories in ebook format. Yes on Amazon and other sites. But there is a story behind this. Yes, and I am going to share it with you.

So, I wanted to just say that I have not forgotten about you my faithful and loyal readers. Please don't give up on me. It's been a stressful time, but it's been good stress. So let me share the story with those of you that may not be familiar with what's been going on. I have tried to keep my twitter and Facebook updated but NOW it's time to share the real deal.

So, I got it into my head that their are authors like myself that have something to say but are so new to the business that they need someone that will walk them through the process. I have some great author friends that are willing to answer questions for me but then again, they need to write and be with family so I cant monopolize all their time.

Here's the Short Version of the story:

So on February 8, 2013, I ordered my Kindle Fire. I had a kindle that was stolen back in December and Had originally not replaced it because I was going to get an Ipad. However, On Feb 8th I decided that I wanted my Kindle back. So I ordered it. When it arrived, I immediately started loading it with books. :).  However, I was on a mission to get information on Self Publishing, Writing and marketing ebooks. I downloaded a few titles that were disappointing but most of the books like "How to Write Hot Sex" by prominent Erotica Romance authors was extremely inspiring and informational. Another book that got my blood flowing was "How I Wrote 2 ebooks in 21 days". Now I read this book on March 3rd and on March 6th I started my own 21 day journey.

So As I read this book, I thought if He could read a book and use it's techniques to write 2 ebooks. Why couldn't I. So I went to find the two books he used to inspire him. BTW- Those books were "How to Write A Nonfiction ebook in 21 Days" and "How I Sold 1 Million ebooks in 5 Months". So Amazon gives you that customers that brought this book also bought these books. One of the books that was there was "How I Made Over 42000 in one month selling my Kindle Ebooks" I now feel that I am armed and ready to make a drastic change in my life. On March 4th, I set up my plan, I read How to write a nonficition ebook in 21 days and How I sold 1 million ebooks. On March 5th I read How I Made over 42,000 in one month selling my kindle ebooks. I set up my strategy and announced to facebook and twitter (via Facebook) that I was going to write 4 ebooks in 21 days starting March 6, 2013. I set my alarm for 6AM and took a deep breath.

Now on March 6, I got up and started writing. I wrote for 6 hours a day. 2 hours for three books. I made sure that each day I wrote at least 6 hours. Now I have to admit out of the 21 days, I have 5 days of no writing and 2 days of procrastination. However, I announced that March 27, 2013 was my deadline. on March 27, 2013 all four ebooks were complete and ready for the editors. Oh I forgot so were the covers. YAY!!!

March 28th I was exhausted and read a few books and did not think about writing at all. I did contact my editors to let them know the books were going to be on their way. March 29th, I read all books and made a few corrections and changes. March 30th I rewrote Dream lover entirely. March 31, (Easter) I emailed the ebooks to the  editors all except Enticed, which I will email tonight. Chapter 5 was a complete rewrite for that one and my brain was bleeding. LOL. I had to recoup before rewriting it.

Now I have an audio ad for my launch date of April 30, 2013. I have banners for my website, even a welcome video for my website. :) Been a busy little bee. So I just wanted to let you know what is happening. I am excited about this launch and I hope that you all will check out the four books. Enticed, will be the first in a Rhonda Emerson Series. Dream Lover a short story, Educating Mia and finally In my Dreams. I understand that these books will be considered short stories or novellas but getting my feet wet, I think they are going to be pleasing to those who read my work on Literotica.

So now the real work begins. Because you are so loyal... Here's a view of Dream Lover cover... Let me know  what you think. Also let me know if I should reveal the others?



Happy Fantasies!!!
Lynn Davis AKA Vicki Vale
http://vickivalewrites.com
http://twitter.com/Vickivalewrites
http://facebook.com/vickivalewrites4u

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. We will review it and publish it shortly.


Happy Fantasies!!!


Lynn Davis AKA Vicki Vale
http://vickivalewrites.com
http://twitter.com/Vickivalewrites
http://facebook.com/vickivalewrites4u